Matt Holton, 39, Maui
He started running in middle school, and still finds competition fun and challenging. In 2016 Matt won the Madison Marathon, in Montana. It reached elevations exceeding 9,000 feet. In February Matt won the Run for the Whales 1/2 marathon in 1:18:44. Matt works as an artist, painting landscapes or his travels, and portraits of athletes he has met and admired. He is currently coaching Kihei Charter’s high school track and field team, and is a coach for their cross country team as well. Matt is also working on a book documenting the history of his grandparents and the family history.
- 2015-2016 Hyundai Hope on Wheels 5K, 1st place
- 2015-2016 Run for the Whales 1/2 Marathon, 1st place
- 2013-2015 Honolulu Marathon 1st Kama’aina
- 2012-2015 Team Hawaii Member The Chase Hapalua Half
- 1995 Member State Champion Track & Field Team