Katie O’Neil, 30, Oahu
Group D: 17 minute handicap, 5:43:00 am start
I was raised in Boise, Idaho, where I ran in high school (fun fact: high school teammate was Olympian Nick Symmonds!).
I ran at Stanford for two years, before switching to rowing due to injury. I was on the 2009 NCAA championship rowing team. I kept rowing in Boston, and have been getting back to running over the past 3 years.
I am currently a high school chemistry teacher at Mid-Pacific, where I also coach cross country, paddling, and track. I have visited every Hawaiian island except Kahoolawe (even Niihau!). Other interest include swimming, painting, and kickball.
- 1st Hawaii Resident at 2014 and 2015 Honolulu Marathon
- 38th woman at 2014 NYC Marathon
- 2014 and 2015 Hilo 1/2 Marathon, 1st place
- 2013 Napa to Sonoma half marathon, 5th place
- 2013 Val Mizuno Half Marathon, 2nd place
- 2013 Honolulu Marathon, 8th place female
- 2013 Marathon Race Readiness Series Champion
- 2003 Idaho State 1600m champion